The standard American diet wreaks havoc on our organism and we continue to ignore the fact that processed foods, fast food, GMOs and sugars destroy our body day in day out. The food is not just unhealthy and damaging to our overall health, it’s also disrupting our pH balance which is very dangerous.
Our bodies are designed to be alkaline and if we eat too much processed and junk food there is a big chance that we’re disrupting this alkaline environment and making our organism acidic. If our pH changes from the normal alkaline level to harmful acidic conditions it will start affecting our immune system and make us more susceptible to disease.
Maybe you feel that you’re eating healthy and you have nothing to worry about the following alkaline foods will be beneficial for your overall health anyways. You should start consuming them no matter how healthy you think you are, they can’t do you harm, just promote your health further.
Top Five Alkaline Foods
Swiss chard is one of the best alkaline foods which also has the ability to protect your organism from viruses and bacteria and fight off the free radicals in your body.
In case you didn’t know melon is an excellent colon cleanser which in addition to its 8.5 pH level makes it a superfood you must include in your diet. Any kind of melon will do fine. Watermelon is also very beneficial because it’s rich in fibers and contains 92% water.
If you think you can’t give up wheat you’ve probably never tried buckwheat. It will provide you with enough energy to last you throughout the day and protect your heart and cardiovascular system as well.
I don’t think that there’s a person on this Earth who hasn’t heard about the health benefits of olive oil but let’s just repeat how good it is for your overall health. It’s rich in vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids like no other food.
Flax seeds are not just alkaline, they are also rich in fibers and vitamin E. They have anti-inflammatory properties and can ease the hot flashes in menopausal women.
Other Alkaline Foods
- Avocado – Contains healthy monounsaturated fats for a healthy heart.
- Bananas – When ripe, bananas can an excellent superfood.
- Berries – Rich in antioxidants.
- Carrots – High levels of beta-carotene which can improve your eyesight.
- Garlic – Keeps your blood pressure under control.
- Broccoli – Steam it for cholesterol- lowering benefits.
- Grapes – Rich in multivitamins and antioxidants, they can lower high blood pressure.
- Pineapple – Boosts weight loss.
- Alfalfa Sprouts – Easy to digest and rich in enzymes which maintain hormonal balance.
- Lemons– Maybe the most alkalizing food, lemons can prevent cold, cough and flu.
- Brussels sprouts – Have anti-cancer properties.
- Sauerkraut – By adding fermented foods you actually add probiotics to your diet.
- Cauliflower – Eat it instead of bread.
- Grapefruit – Rich in vitamins A and C.
- Seaweeds – High amounts of iron and have anti-acid properties.
- Quinoa – Keeps your blood sugar levels under control.
- Cucumber – Its 90% water content will keep your skin healthy and youthful.
- Parsley –Intestinal detox.
- Mango – An excellent fruit for colon cleansing.
- Spinach – The ultimate, vitamin-packed vegetable.
- Oranges – Excellent protection against colds.
- Papaya – Has natural laxative properties which cleanse your colon from toxins.